Friday, March 13, 2009

Omar Tyree and Heartfelt: A Collection of Poems


Happy Friday everyone!!! I hope everyone has had a blessed and productive week amidst the recession that America is experiencing. Just know that you are still blessed!!! Anyway i recently had the pleasure of asking one of my favorite authors Omar Tyree some advise on book publishing and ways of promoting and selling books. His advise to me was the following:



My Question:


What advice would you give to a self-published author looking to get a book deal from a major publishing company? What are some steps that a self-published author needs to take to position his or herself for a book deal?


Omar Tyree's Answer:


"When I was picked up for my first, historical 2-book deal with Simon & Schuster, it was because I had already sold 25,000 books on my own, which represented more than $250,000 generated in the publishing industry with my name attached to it....The Equation for success in any business is the accumulation of Green SUPPORT! You must have it in order to survive and to move forward. And once you have shown that you can indeed gather a large number of supporters for your work, you will have no problem getting a major publishing house to sit down at the deal table and talk serious numbers with you."




So i guess in order for me to get a major publishing deal i have to SELL BOOKS!!!! So i'm ginding you'll...Grindinnnnnnnnggggggg!!!! You can see Omar Tyree's full blog on http://www.omartyree.com/. Until next week be safe you'll!!!



Updated News: South Plainfield Observer has published an article about Heartfelt: A Collection of Poems by Nicole D. Little and Lora R. McLeod in the March 13th issue! God is good even in a recession!!!!!!!! Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment